Among the chaos and confusion of these overflowing days fire safety should be a priority.
We have complied a list of links, websites and blogs to help you stay safe this holiday season.
Top 5 things to be aware of:
- Christmas trees should be set a safe distance from any source of heat.
- Never block fire exits with your Christmas tree or other decorations.
- Never leave anything cooking unattended.
- Turn pot handles inward to keep them out of range of little hands and reduce the risk of catching them and knocking them over.
- Never leave a space heater on unattended or when sleeping.
For more safety tips (including video) check out some our favorite links:
- Safety At Home: Avoid Hazards In The Home
- US Fire Administration: Holiday Fire Safety
- National Fire Protection Association: Christmas Tree Fires (video)